September 24, 2014

Finding Myself

In december last year, I hopped on the scales and was shocked at the numbers I saw, I also was at that stage where everytime I looked in a mirror at myself, I cried... I decided that I HAD to something about it... so I set myself a goal to lose 24kgs in 1 year... it seemed an impossible goal way back then, but today, I'm only 5kgs from the finish line, and I feel amazing...

Along the way, I have not only lost weight, but I have gained a new me... I am now a person who loves exercise, I go to the gym 3 nights a week, 1 boxing bootcamp per week and as of next week, 1 body balance class per week... but apart from the weight loss, the biggest change of all is...

I CAN RUN!!

15 weeks ago, I struggled to run for 1 min, now I can run 5kms!! every night I go to the gym, I run on the treadmill for no less that 2kms, and I'm so darn proud of myself... I walked a half marathon earlier this month, and next year, I plan to run one, so that is what I am now in training for...

wish me luck...

No comments: